Family swim school is for children aged 2,5 year to 8 year old and their parents. The aim is to to develop children’s swimming ability with the guidance of their parents.
What is family swim school about?
- Family swim school is aimed for 2,5 – 8 year olds and their parents
- Family swim school is not a traditional swimming school, but a child-oriented activity that supports the child’s own personal development.
- What does this mean in practice?
- The things your child practices at home is now transferred into water environment.
- Is your child interested in throwing a ball at the moment? Or perhaps is he/she interested in hopping?
- Instructors enable these activities that are currently important for your child, but in the pool.
- Instructors give you tips so that you can support your child’s development in the best possible way.
- This way every child has their “personal instructor” (parents) in the pool with them.
- While swimming, the most important thing to think about is what are the things that your child enjoys the most at the moment.
- Games are played together with others in the beginning and the end. Otherwise we let, for the most part, the child to decide the pace on which you progress.
- Instructors go around and advice all families during classes.
- Every lesson has a theme. In some cases a child can focus for a minute and in some – up to 8 minutes during classes. This depends on the child’s phase of development and on his/her activity level on that day.
- Completing swimming badges is also possible in this group.