Family swim school is aimed for 2.5-8 year olds and their parents. The basic thought is to offer children the chance to develop their swimming ability with the guidance of their parents.
What is family swim school about?
- Family swim school is aimed for 2.5-8 year olds and their parents
- The basic thought is to offer children the chance to develop their swimming ability with the guidance of their parents
- Family swim school is not a traditional swimming school, but a child-oriented activity that supports the child’s developement.
- What does this mean in practice?
- The things your child practices at home is moved into pool environment.
- Is your child interested in throwing a ball at the moment? Or perhaps is he/she interested in hopping.
- Instructors enable these activities that are currently important for your child, but in the pool.
- They give you tips that help you to be the best you can be for the child, from the child’s view.
- So basically every child has their “personal instructor” (a.k.a their parents) in the pool with them.
- While swimming think about what your child enjoys at that current moment.
- Games are played together with others in the beginning and end. Otherwise we aim to let the child decide the pace on which you progress.
- Instructors go around giving tips that are needed.
- Every lesson has a theme, like a red piece of thread which to follow. Can your child practice and listen actively for a minute, or perhaps for up to 8 minutes at every lesson, it depends heavily on the child’s phase of development and his/her daily activity level.
While swimming we keep in mind “What our child enjoys the most at the moment”
Pikku Delfiini’s waves carry towards a good swimming ability!
- Completing swimming badges is also possible.